Thursday, March 12, 2009

just moving along

here are some new greenware pieces, they will be bisqued by saturday and hopefully glaze fired by tuesdayish.

I started drawing animals with pieces of human paraphernalia, like glasses, hats, party hats, coats, shoes, etc. I was rereading " The man who mistook his wife for a hat" by Oliver Sacks. Great book. He writes about 24 case studies with patients with various brain function "mishaps" This is probably where/why i started drawing this old man (see 2 or 3 posts ago) The new cups and book have a strong connection for me about altered perceptions and animal symbolism.

Rhino with Hat
Photobucket

deer eating hat
Photobucket

moose with bird, glasses and scarf
Photobucket

Hopefully everything comes out fine because this "series" is the most meaningful I have gotten with my functional work. (and i dig the drawing style)

No comments: