Friday, March 20, 2009

random thoughts

Last night was my first art walk and it was a lot of fun. It being less than a mile from my house was a huge bonus too. A handful of sales and a lot of "oh that is gorgeous!" which was very nice to hear. I was honored that people excitedly picked up pieces and wanted to talk.


I spent some part of the time sketching and thinking through ideas. By the time I got home I was really excited about expanding the items I have been making to plates, lamps, mixing bowls, soap dishes and so forth. I just need a bigger kiln. I know i've posted about charlie the amazing 1.2 cu ft kiln before, i love him and all.. but i can't make dinner plates in him and it's very tough for me to justify only firing 2 bowls at a time.

The feedback I heard from people is just what i needed to get a fire underneath my butt and stop sulking about not having a "real" job yet.


Photobucket


oh and here is a bunny i'm making for the etsy mud team bunny challenge. It's my first handbuilt thing.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Jen Mecca said...

Nice Blog! I just saw a referance to it on Ron Philbeck blog. Glad I found you! I also use Helios at Cone7 ox!
Jennifer