Friday, March 12, 2010

go hunter!

Man this consistent nap time is getting to be so nice.

I decided to make some plates today, I'm pretty excited about decorating a large surface. I haven't made a plate in... forever.

Photobucket

and some test tiles. Love me some test tiles.. now to get the organization and time to mix glazes.

Photobucket

I made this bowl yesterday and I hope it turns out like I want it to. I'm really enjoying my new to me combination of techniques.

exterior
Photobucket

interior
Photobucket

and I have a few non carved into porcelain cups left over so I decided to have some underglaze fun.

Photobucket

and here is Hunter in a bounceroo thing. His awake playtimes are getting so much more active. Laying in one spot staring at the ceiling isn't cutting it anymore. :)

Photobucket

6 comments:

husband jake said...

nice work babe!

Leah said...

I have an 8 mo old as of tomorrow and have only made it into the studio 2 times. count yourself lucky. Has having a baby made you want to rethink your work? It has with me.

leah said...

reading some more, clearly it has!

Jen Mecca said...

Thanks for the shout out about my blog. Your welcome to pick my brain about motherhood and potting anytime! Good luck!
jen

Anonymous said...

hunter's a cutie... the look on his face seems to be saying, mom, i'm ready to get my hands dirty in some of that clay. that contraption he's in seems like a little cocoon. we used to have an inflatable duck that had a hollowed out back for sofia to take baths in. she loved that duck, it quacked if you squeezed it's nose and it saved on water because the tub part in it's back was just big enough for a little one

monica said...

Hi Leah,

I checked out your website and I love your work. I would be interested in seeing how your work has changed since having a baby.

Yea, in my world, everything has changed since Hunter. Obviously my life revolves around him,so I gave into all those influences and started to incorporate the colors and objects we have around us. :)